Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

color changing pencil (New Video!)

i have one of those pencils that is painted with that stuff that when heated it changes color! so i figured "well, hey my lasers put out heat so this should work!"
i went and got my lasers and tried all 3! the pencil is blue at room temperature and becomes white when it gets warmer. i shined my red, blu-ray and green laser at it and they all made it change to white! my red workd the best, then my blu-ray, then my green. with my green i have to hold it in one spot for a few seconds to get the heat to build up. the pencil does basically what glow in the dark stuff does for blu-ray lasers, just for all wavelengths! if only i could get a bucket of this stuff!

[highlight]EDIT: here is the link to the video of this[/highlight]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--V78OXJJe8

Switch

Re: color changing pencil

I seem to have a little problem...I can't find the video :-/

(post a video!!)

:D

Switch

Wow, that's awesomely amazing :D It sure is expensive though....so much for that bucket :'( Way more expensive than GITD stuff.

Btw, your lasers output light not heat(well the heat is a secondary emision anyway ;D)

Switch said:
Wow, that's awesomely amazing :D It sure is expensive though....so much for that bucket :'( Way more expensive than GITD stuff.

Btw, your lasers output light not heat(well the heat is a secondary emision anyway ;D)

i know but i was too lazy too say that, lol