Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cobalt 2000

I have a cobalt 2000. DO NOT GET IT! Read the thread " The state of awesomelasers" in the company section. The laser is not 2w . The customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with.

I'd never wish my "Awesome" experince with awesomelaser on my worst enemy , let alone anyone on this forum.

I have a cobalt 2000. DO NOT GET IT! Read the thread " The state of awesomelasers" in the company section. The laser is not 2w . The customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with.

I'd never wish my "Awesome" experince with awesomelaser on my worst enemy , let alone anyone on this forum.

Yup, I remember that brick:p

Hence the tags added to this thread;)

LoL thanks. In my defence I was super mad when i wrote that.
Plus I'd hadn't posted anything in I don't know how many years.

Really !! Your sure he is a rock spider ??

Do some reading, I gave you one link and Trevor gave you another.

I have never heard the term Rock Spider.

WOW I learned something new today!:crackup:

Wow! There is a center test button. I never noticed, since nobody uses it. Could be because it's annoying. ;)

Last edited:
I went and ordered a Arctic 1500mW and a couple from Laserer.
Also ordered a WL torch and LPM from Laserbee.

Thank you everybody for your help and advice.

Still waiting on the Cobalt 2000 from Awesome Lasers no reply to any emails.

Cheers
Mick

Congrats on the purchases.

Did you also order yourself goggles? You will need goggles with any and all of those lasers.

Also PLEASE stop with the annoyingly large centered font. It's uhm...
Annoying!​

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchases.

Did you also order yourself goggles? You will need goggles with any and all of those lasers.

Also PLEASE stop with the annoyingly large centered font. It's uhm...
Annoying!​

Thank you mate,
I wish everybody would take the time to make their font bigger and edit and center everything.
My eyes are not what they use to be and the small print on computers has just made it worse.
Give it time I`m sure you will understand one day ?
Yes they threw safety glasses in with a tripod and lens kit some special they have until new year.
What I need to know is ,
I also purchased a 808nm 2W Focusable NIR Infra Red I will need other special safety glasses for them is that right ??
Not the same as the ones I would use for the Arctic.
I was surprised they were not included but it looks like they are not cheap .
Joe at WL already informed me he tested a few of the new Arctic 1500mW on a LPM and they came up as 1200mW .
If I get 1200mW I will be happy.

left this one as is BETTER ??
No promises for future posts.

Cheers Mick.

Ablaze

Just hold down crtl and press the + on the numpad until you can read the text.

No need to subject everyone to your personal vision issues.

Is it really that much of a problem ?

and your little trick does not work on my mac

Last edited:
Thank you mate,
I wish everybody would take the time to make their font bigger and edit and center everything.
My eyes are not what they use to be and the small print on computers has just made it worse.
Give it time I`m sure you will understand one day ?
Yes they threw safety glasses in with a tripod and lens kit some special they have until new year.
What I need to know is ,
I also purchased a 808nm 2W Focusable NIR Infra Red I will need other special safety glasses for them is that right ??
Not the same as the ones I would use for the Arctic.
I was surprised they were not included but it looks like they are not cheap .
Joe at WL already informed me he tested a few of the new Arctic 1500mW on a LPM and they came up as 1200mW .
If I get 1200mW I will be happy.

left this one as is BETTER ??
No promises for future posts.

Cheers Mick.

It's not the size so much, as the centering that's annoying to be honest.

My eyesight is pretty shitty too. Have been wearing glasses since I was 9, and I would need to have my face about 6 inches in from of the monitor in order to be able to start making out anything in standard 12 point font.

I use large monitors and resize text on my end from time to time when needed to address the issue.

It's not really a big deal, but in text only communications, what you're doing in the equivalent of shouting. So imagine next time you're asking a stranger something, they come up and YELL in your year.

Anyway. That's my rant on that subject.

About the goggles... Yes you absolutely do need different goggles for 808nm than you do for 445nm.

See the link in my signature for OEM Laser systems... they sell high quality goggles for basically any wavelength you're likely to run into.

Why you would be satisfied buying an overpriced laser that is claimed to be 1.5W but only does 1.2W? Idk, but that's just stupid IMO. Kind of like going to the BMW dealership, paying for a five series and getting a 3 series, then turning around and saying, "Oh my gosh, well at least it does hit 60mph in 10 seconds, that's good enough."

If you can, cancel your order with WL and order from someone here on the forum. You'll get a better laser for a better price, and a whole lot faster.

Good advice... Something I do on a daily basis in working with documents and spreadsheets.

Is it really that much of a problem ? and your little trick does not work on my mac

You want the honest answer? The text is not really a problem. It's the mentality.

I'm a big guy. So does that mean I get an extra free seat on an airplane? No of course it doesn't!

I either pay for another one, or shut up and squeeze myself into the space I paid for.

Besides, your argument doesn't hold water. You're only altering the size of your own text. Which you typed... and therefore should know. It doesn't change the size of everyone else's font.

Try hitting the "apple" key and + or - to change font size. I'm sure you can also change it through settings.

Last edited: