Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheap FP module adjustment mount + COUPONS

ideas

Hi,

just received an email from FP with the following item: (I reached vip diamond level over there and get new arrivals by mail, see my other D&D thread where I share the associated coupons + see below for latest coupons ;) )

picture here

mail link to product HERE

It is some kind of (cheap) aiming sight red laser for mounting on a gun => crap for shooting offcourse BUT but I find the mounting of the module inside the pointer (with the allen-screw-type fine adjustments) quite interesting.
Looks like the module/diode can be swapped easily and the host would make a nice adjustable mount for low powered (inherently to the design with almost no contact between mount and diode, it has poor heatsinking) DIY mix-color lasers (eg a yellow one from 532 + 650) as they leave room for adjusting the module after you epoxied the dichro.

Anyone has got some experience with these types of mounts? Are they stable and usuable in such an application?
I ordered 4 of them with the CC5OFF coupon, so if no-one answers, I will update my question myself once they arrive (if they do not please, I can always sell the remeaining ones on fleebay lol).
For who is interested: they sell them ranging from 1 to 50mW (stated power.. but its FP-power.. so you always take a guess ;) )

PS coupon cods that were also in my vip mail:
$15 off $150+,Coupon: BF15OFF
$10 off $100+,Coupon:CC10OFF
$5 off $50+,Coupon:CC5OFF
$2 off $20+,Coupon:BF2OFF