Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap "100mw" 532nm DPSS

Kratos

Hi, since i'm new here and this is my first review, DO NOT expect it to be perfect, I appreciate constructive criticism, but please, no flaming.

Now the review,
I purchased THIS laser as my first high power greenie (along with safety goggles ofc) I wasn't expecting it to be high quality, but it turned out to be pretty powerful (50mw<) at least, it burnes matches instantly when focused and the beam is slightly visible during the day, and i live in Egypt so it is INCREDIBLY sunny almost all year round. It is amazing at night, i can point at a building 3-4 KM away and the beam hits it easily.

One bad thing about this laser is the duty cycle, 30 seconds on 20 off isn't terrible, but not that good either.

So, overall, not a bad laser considering it was dirt cheap.

I will update this thread later with pics

I bought the same laser, but from another shop and surprise: It's have about 5mW:(, so I like to use it like a laser housing.

Welcome from Australia, enjoy and stay safe ,you have to Start from somewhere ,takes a long while to get a big collection ,i started out with just about the same laser enjoy.

tumblr_m7e8b5Lj3C1rzwrbpo1_500.gif

Sorry couldn't resist :) as with safe sex, wear protection ;)

SKeeZ

As a general rule its best to stay away from high mW green lasers without a big budget. green laser are usually $1/mW or more. I would stay away from any handheld on a site i wasn't 100% sure about that costs less than $0.75/mW. thats just me though.