Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Charger

Hi i just have one question about this charger there both the same brand an name but the only different is the color so can somebody help how come one said that could charge the 16340 an the other one those show that it could charge it.

First one: from hightechdealz
HighTechDealZ - TrustFire TR-001 Multi-Purpose Lithium Battery Charger

Second one: from lightake
TrustFire TR001 Lithium Battery Charger for 10440 14500 17670 18500 18650 (US Plug)

Well thanks in advance

:thanks:

i send an email regarding this question to "lightake" but no answer this was two weeks ago. so i wanted take my chances here.

they look like clones of the ultrafire wf-139

DealExtreme: $12.30 UltraFire 3.6/3.7V Battery Charger

I notice the DX entry says the horizontal contact for the rcr123's and 16340's are disabled, and I noticed that on mine too. It says for unknown reasons, but I can imagine why. If you have two 18xxx or protected 18xxx's in it with those contacts energized, if the battery insulation has holes in it it could very well short out the battery(s).

If you make spacers like this guy did, you can charge rcr123a's and 16340's in any of these chargers without modifications.

If you want to get it the fastest, order from hightechdealz, since they're in the US I think, If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, you can order it from lightake. DX seems to have the TR-001 as well for a just a little more than lightake.

focalprice seems to have them too if you look through their chargers.

Looking at the pics of the TR-001, looks like it'll charge 16340's as is with no spacers. The spring contacts go higher than they do on the wf-139 apparently. Guess I know which charger i'll be buying from now on heh.

Last edited:
thank you so much but witch one would you pick the one from hightechdealz or lightake. thank you so much for the video. oh an witch one is better UltraFire or TrusFire.

You shouldn't need to use the spacers like in the video with the trustfire charger. The springs are closer to the top contacts. They should work with 16340's and rcr123a's as is. The ultrafire charger is the one you'd need to make spacers for.

If it was me, I'd get it from lightake, dx, or focalprice but then again I already have chargers so i'd be in no hurry. If your in a hurry, get it from hightechdealz. You could probably have it in a few days from them if your in the US. Opposed to a few weeks coming from china.

You shouldn't need to use the spacers like in the video with the trustfire charger. The springs are closer to the top contacts. They should work with 16340's and rcr123a's as is. The ultrafire charger is the one you'd need to make spacers for.

If it was me, I'd get it from lightake, dx, or focalprice but then again I already have chargers so i'd be in no hurry. If your in a hurry, get it from hightechdealz. You could probably have it in a few days from them if your in the US. Opposed to a few weeks coming from china.
well thank you so much for your help.

Last edited: