Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cerion laser engravers

Hi, at the shopping complex where I live, they started a new business involving glass engraving and obviously I asked them about specifications of the laser, and here they are:
t_daten_1_en.jpg

t_daten_2_en.jpg

they use a 1.2 watt green laser to 3D engrave glass, how is that possible? I think it might be a pulsed diode and if it is does anyone please know at what wattage it is pulsed?
This is the link to the machine :)
Thanks in advance!

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section, if it is could someone replace it please :)

Seems odd, but it they can achieve a tight enough focus, and if they use a material that doesn't completely transmit green, its possible.

1.2W does seem to be on the low side though..

Co2s are more common for glass etching since glass is naturally opaque to 10um.

Seems odd, but it they can achieve a tight enough focus, and if they use a material that doesn't completely transmit green, its possible.

1.2W does seem to be on the low side though..

Co2s are more common for glass etching since glass is naturally opaque to 10um.

If the diode was pulsed, what would the maximum wattage be? provided that there is a good enough heatsink. And apparently there is a lot going on in there, for a value of 49,000€.
Can one achieve this by using a series of lenses to get the tight focus?

Helios

Its seems very low for any sort of glass etching and as Meatball explained usually a CO2 laser is used because its wavelength is absorbed by most materials including glass.

Says max laser frequency of 4khz.... so there pulsing it. Question is at what duty cycle. If it were say at 10% duty cycle then that would be a 12W pulses for 25 us (micro seconds).... ect.

Last edited: