Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone help id this laser?

Shipping is what nearly always kills the deal for me on gas lasers. They are fragile and in the case of a larger HeNe can actually cost more to ship then the laser costs. That's why I've not even made an offer on this one. There isn't anyway I could give him a fair price on it. Otherwise I would be interested. I really like the look of the ps on that model. I'll post some more pics of my little HeNe later tonight. It's down right tiny compared to this one.

Trevor

Shipping is what nearly always kills the deal for me on gas lasers. They are fragile and in the case of a larger HeNe can actually cost more to ship then the laser costs. That's why I've not even made an offer on this one. There isn't anyway I could give him a fair price on it. Otherwise I would be interested. I really like the look of the ps on that model. I'll post some more pics of my little HeNe later tonight. It's down right tiny compared to this one.

The bigger the gas laser, the more fun it is... :)

http://www.siom.ac.cn/eng/labratories37.jpg

-Trevor

Shipping isn't bad, small HeNes are a LOT more robust than ion lasers and such. I think the most I ever paid was $15 to ship a Uniphase 1145P which is about 2 feet long. I got some small tubes and power bricks from Sam in a $10 flat rate box. The important part is packing. Roll the head in bubble wrap and securely tape an extra wad around each end. Coil the cord around and then put that in a box with some foam peanuts. Wrap the power supply in bubble wrap and tape that, add it to the box and stuff peanuts in the gaps. If you have to ship a bare tube, roll on a couple layers of bubble wrap, cut up a cardboard box and roll a tube of cardboard over that to form a tube a couple inches longer than the laser tube. Stuff some bubble wrap in each end to protect the mirrors and tape everything. For small stuff USPS is cheaper, for larger things UPS is, as long as it's domestic shipping. Either way the key to survival is packing. You want the fragile item to be padded and then secured so that it doesn't float around inside the box and bang against other items. If you ship several fragile items, pad them and then tape them all together and stuff the peanuts in around them to keep everything from moving around. Loose items will quickly sift down to the bottom of a box of peanuts and end up right against the bare cardboard.

The bigger the gas laser, the more fun it is... :)

http://www.siom.ac.cn/eng/labratories37.jpg

-Trevor

:drool: What are those and what are they used for?

Shipping isn't bad, small HeNes are a LOT more robust than ion lasers and such. I think the most I ever paid was $15 to ship a Uniphase 1145P which is about 2 feet long. I got some small tubes and power bricks from Sam in a $10 flat rate box. The important part is packing. Roll the head in bubble wrap and securely tape an extra wad around each end. Coil the cord around and then put that in a box with some foam peanuts. Wrap the power supply in bubble wrap and tape that, add it to the box and stuff peanuts in the gaps. If you have to ship a bare tube, roll on a couple layers of bubble wrap, cut up a cardboard box and roll a tube of cardboard over that to form a tube a couple inches longer than the laser tube. Stuff some bubble wrap in each end to protect the mirrors and tape everything. For small stuff USPS is cheaper, for larger things UPS is, as long as it's domestic shipping. Either way the key to survival is packing. You want the fragile item to be padded and then secured so that it doesn't float around inside the box and bang against other items. If you ship several fragile items, pad them and then tape them all together and stuff the peanuts in around them to keep everything from moving around. Loose items will quickly sift down to the bottom of a box of peanuts and end up right against the bare cardboard.

Good tips, The only gas laser I have had shipped was the Argon I bought from Trevor and he packed it very well. I think it took me nearly 20 mins just to unpack it. :D

My small HeNe, I picked up in person. :)

Rod, can you try to attach some photo's of it turned on, so we can at least see the dot. If you are still having issues you can email them to me again and I'll put them up for you.

Last edited:
They're copper vapor lasers. I'm not sure what they're used for, but they make great lasershow systems.

Any other info I'd give you would come from wikipedia, so I guess it's best to just give you the source: Copper vapor laser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:tinfoil:

-Trevor

Interesting. I've seen those mentioned before, but didn't know anything about them. Although I'm still not sure I know much more, since the wiki article is a little thin. Time to try my hand at google. :)