Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Burnt new 30w Neje board driver..

solobeam

Accidentally applied 24v, instead of 12 and despite no magic blue smoke, it's dead now. The board's plus and ground are now shorted, when examined with multimeter. Visually, I don's see suspects.
Which component is, most likely, quit working, guys?

20201003_122042.jpg

gazer101

Probe the transistors, maybe something melted on the inside of one of them 😬

I'm no expert, but I assume that if you compare the readings you get from each part to those in their respective datasheets, you'd eventually figure out what shorted

solobeam

I suspect, it could be the sot 23-6 smd part, which is, most likely, some sort of voltage regulator. Sadly, no way to read the markings on it.

gazer101

Well if you don't know what the IC is, there's no guaranteed way for you to purchase the appropriate replacement for it (unless you're willing to experiment a lot). You'd have to either ask the OEM for the circuit schematic (doubt they'd hand it over) or buy a new unit

Last edited:

solobeam

Thanks, I'm willing to look for an alternative board, will probably post in boards section. Contacted the manufacturer, but have little hopes..