Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Budget Gadgets Scammed Me.

Hi, i'm sorry to have to say this, but there's the possibility that you placed the batteries reversed, and burned the module yourself ?

See what i mean: from your pics, is evident that the module blowed up near the contact spring, probably shooting a flash in the battery direction ..... and, always from your pics, there's evidence that the battery pic that you posted, have blows marks on the positive side (and no blow signs on the negative side, at least for that what is visible in the pic), where all the known green modules have the spring that must be powered from the negative side of the battery, with the positive on the cap side ..... also, from the same pic, you can see a semicircular mark on the positive contact, like the one that can be left from the spring border, that in the module pic is displaced from the center, and, probably, was making contact only with part of the border .....

I mean ..... that from the pic that you've posted, the battery shows the blow marks on the positive side, like if the positive was in contact with the spring, near the zone with the blowed components of the driver, as if it was placed in the host reversed .....

If so, there's no way that they accept your refund request ..... no sellers can accept to refund a laser, if they can have the proof that is the user that blowed it .....

EDIT: i'm speaking about the green module just cause the first pic shows a laser with a label indicating a green beam (can't clearly read the wavelenght, but the draw is the one of a green beam) ..... ut i can be wrong, the showed model looks as a "new style dilda" ..... if so, then my idea can be wrong, and i apologize for that.
There is no chance I put the batteries in backward because I inserted them exactly how it says on their website. Heres the link. $41.06 HLP18130 Focusable Red Laser Pointer 200mW - BudgetGadgets.com

and heres a picture of the same diagram.
5770-1.gif

About the laser's sticker, the company send me an email before shipping and asked "But for avoiding the Customs Confiscation and the laser pointer's safe arrival, would you mind our pasting the 5mW label on it instead of the original 200mW? But the power and quality of the product will be ensured." I said yes because I didn't want customs to take it. I don't know much about US customs but I thought it might have a better chance to get through with a 5mW label rather than a 200mW label.

heres a close up picture of the label.
img4624a.jpg

I know the sticker says it's a 532nm but the laser itself is around 650nm.

Last edited:

:yh: Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions and help. :thanks:

Hi Conner,
I think you're in luck if you didn't have or sign up for a paypal account.
That means you are protected by the credit card company you used to buy the item. You did use a credit card, correct?
If so you can contest the charges through your credit card account.
In fact, since you didn't have a paypal account, i don't even think you can make a paypal claim.
It's better to just contact your credit card company.
PayPal is not what it use to be, they have changed their user agreement so that you are not really protected at all. If you pay for an item with paypal, the most they will guarantee is that you get a package in mail, If it's the wrong item, that's not covered. If it dies as soon as you turn it on, then as far as paypal goes, the transaction was completed and thats that.
If don't have a paypal account and just used a credit card, your bank will protect you and reverse the charges if the seller doesn't make it right.
Just call the number on the back of the credit card and tell them you want to dispute the charges and they will send you the paperwork. Keep all emails you sent to the company and you will then put them into the dispute form the credit card company sends you.
Thanks bootleg2go. :thanks:

Mik

I figured that since the seller was showing a picture of a dilda v1, and you obviously have the v2 - that they may have gotten the battery placement wrong like HIMNL9 had mentioned.

I remembered seeing styropyro's review of this item, so I looked it up on youtube.. and you did get the battery direction correct. Check styropyro's video for confirmation.

YouTube - 200mW Focusable Red Laser From BudgetGadgets

I figured that since the seller was showing a picture of a dilda v1, and you obviously have the v2 - that they may have gotten the battery placement wrong like HIMNL9 had mentioned.

I remembered seeing styropyro's review of this item, so I looked it up on youtube.. and you did get the battery direction correct. Check styropyro's video for confirmation.

YouTube - 200mW Focusable Red Laser From BudgetGadgets
Thanks Mik,
For reminding me about that video. Styropyro's video is what actually got me to buy the laser in the first place about a month ago. If you watch the video though it shows that I still put the batteries in properly according to the diagram. It's also the exact same way that Styropyro inserted his batteries. But I completely forgot about that video so thanks again Mik :thanks:

So everyone I have good news from Budget Gadgets. I sent them an email telling them I made a dispute/claim with my bank, and they replied with an address for me to ship to. They told me if I send my broken laser back to their QC department they would send me a new laser. Hopefully this time the laser will work without any problems. I'll continue to keep you guys posted on what happens. Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions! :thanks:

Mik

So everyone I have good news from Budget Gadgets. I sent them an email telling them I made a dispute/claim with my bank, and they replied with an address for me to ship to. They told me if I send my broken laser back to their QC department they would send me a new laser. Hopefully this time the laser will work without any problems. I'll continue to keep you guys posted on what happens. Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions! :thanks:

Make sure to sent it with a service that requires a signature!!! It is well known that when shipping things back to China, if you don't get a signature they will typically say they never got it.

Make sure to sent it with a service that requires a signature!!! It is well known that when shipping things back to China, if you don't get a signature they will typically say they never got it.
Hi Mik, You took the words right out of my mouth.
I've had 3 customers who had bought from retailers in China before ordering from us that reported that when they sent their new broken laser back to China, the company told them they never got it, so they wouldn't do anything for them.
Countless other had sent them back and paid the shipping cost to do so, only to get another bad laser and at some point they just gave up as the shipping costs were too much, so they just cut their losses and counted it up as a learning experience.

I would also insure the package for what you paid for the laser, just in case it really does get lost.

i had a shipping peoblem but i got mine just fine, you should ask for a refund or a replacment, becuase it there fault

How did you pay? Was it Paypal? Can you still dispute the transaction, or is it too late? You may well be getting a runaround from them designed to make you give up on getting a refund or replacement. At worst, you have a host, and will need to buy an LPC-815 diode and a rkcstr driver in order to make the laser work again. If they will not help you, you will have to do a DIY laser in this host. It should come out quite nicely. By the way, was there any chance that the batteries got inserted backwards? Some drivers blow when this happens. Yours looks like it dead-shorted, maybe a solder bridge from the factory. Hard to know.
holy freaking son of a duck billg519 thts so many freaking lasers i wud love to have as many as i can humanly fit in my house buuuut im a laserfanat1c with no cash!

holy freaking son of a duck billg519 thts so many freaking lasers i wud love to have as many as i can humanly fit in my house buuuut im a laserfanat1c with no cash!

This thread is over 5 months old!
You need to go to the welcome section and introduce yourself!
Read the rules and stickies.