Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Broken Dragon...

Ashton

Well, just as I was warning ppl about, I just put my X-85 into my dragon and the bottom popped off too now! I have a metal tube and two loose ends... anyone good at welding? *uneasy laugh*

S

SenKat

Slap that sucker in an envelope, and mail it to me ! I wanna make a red laser out of it ! :)

S

SenKat

me_too_lazy said:
just super glue it back on..

NOooooooooooooooooooo ! LOL !! That could work - although I think I would use epoxy personally :p That is just the inner geek coming out here :p

S

SenKat

I have jsut NEVER heard of these things breaking like that ! Is it common ? Have I been that sheltered ? LOL !!

Ashton

Then ends pop off, it's 2-minute epoxy is all it is. This was acctually address on LC a few times, it's not uncommon if you knock them about much. I acctually found an amusing solution, I took a piece of paper, wrapped it around the 'plug,' tore it to fit, and rammed it back in there, it holds tighter than ever now!

oh then yea ive heard of a ton of these things break on LC
whether its the other end breaking
or the part under the cap coming off

S

SenKat

WOW ! I want to have the end pop off of one of mine so I can make it into a laser :p hehehehehe ! I guess that teaches me for not learning the ONLY useful thing from LC ! HAHAHAHAHA !

S

SenKat

a_pyro_is said:
Did the person posting about the broken case get banned?  ;) LOL

HA ! Most likely ! dang - and the Dragon case was one of three items I have ever recommended from them ! The goggles, and the empty sonar cases as well :p hehehehehehe !

Ashton

lol, I'm young I take lots of tumbles, I flop on teh couch, my case would slide out of my pocket and hit the floor quite often. (probably near-daily) you cant expect it to take but so much abuse. I'm sure the others who have broken them are just as active or care-free (I'm much more careful with it now since my nova's in it!). I still think it's more-than worth reccomending. I wish NOVA would carry them (so they coudl be ordered for free with LLs lol)