Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blurry I think Dust?

JLSE

I sometimes rotate the q-tip but only a partial turn where space is limited.. This
is especially true with LD facets..

On flat surfaces I saw a trick once using the surface tension of the cleaning
solution and just drag the cleaning cloth across the lens. Cant remember what the
term was for this method, but I believe i read it on a camera forum of sorts.

The film that gets left behind from matches can be a PITA to clean, the chlorate
leaves a nice coating when it burns and is a crystalline structure. Unburnt chlorate
can scratch the coating on the lens...

The best way to approach is to take time and use many q-tips to avoid any
scratching..

Use a bit of compressed air, hopefully it will help some.

In the future don't even burn things up close, and especially with the module of the laser exposed. There is a focusing lens in the top portion of the laser... everyone, including myself assumed your problem originated there. It doesn't.

I wouldn't recommend messing around with the module itself.

Use a bit of compressed air, hopefully it will help some.

In the future don't even burn things up close, and especially with the module of the laser exposed. There is a focusing lens in the top portion of the laser... everyone, including myself assumed your problem originated there. It doesn't.

I wouldn't recommend messing around with the module itself.

Yes I was stupid and assumed it would be fine. I hope some compressed air will work I'm going to get some tomarrow.