Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blurry Dot

Hey guys! :)

I finally got all the parts for my laser. It took about 3 months for everything to arrive due to customs... I ended up ordering another host. Thanks to the guys who post tutorials on here I've learnt to put together the laser :) The problem however is that the dot is very fuzzy! I'm not sure if this is normal so I want to confirm with you guys! The main dot is about 7mm and the fuzzy parts around it is about 30cm. This is at a distance of 1 meter.
Dh1wuDQ.jpg

Yeah the lens is probably really dirty.

Grab a q-tip and use some alcohol (preferably 90% +), and GENTLY clean it off. Dot should be crisp.

Unless you happened to use the cyanoacrylate based glue (superglue) at any point during construction, that cr*p will "frost" your lens permanently.

Thank you for replying! I guess it came this way. I'll try get it replaced :(

I agree. And moisture on the lense can do that (temporarily). I dunno if oil from fingerprint would do that but I wouldn't rule it out. Still, try cleaning it with alcohol swab (Q-tip for small lense).

Also, some of front collimation lense are custom, so I don't know if you can replace that unless you have similar module (probably from dead laser pointers) to take from.