Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue RPL30 with lens lights fireworks fuse!

Razako

Tired of the same old green and red laser burning videos? Well here is something that you don't see every day. In this video I use my blue RPL to light a waterproof firecracker fuse. For the lens I used the focus cap from my pulsar. It takes a while for me to find the perfect focus because I had a hard time seeing the dot through my OD6 nova goggles. When you see the fuse starting to smoke you know it's near ignition.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUImjGoU-DU[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUImjGoU-DU

Haha, did you see the BR thread? Awesome stuff!
Have you tried to shine the laser into a white LED? I would really like to know what happens :).

Razako

FireMyLaser said:
Haha, did you see the BR thread? Awesome stuff!
Have you tried to shine the laser into a white LED? I would really like to know what happens :).
Just tried it. First I tried it on standard LEDs and noticed that shining the laser into the center produced a mildly bright white glow. After that I tried shining the laser into one of the Q5 Cree emitters in my solarforce light. The result was a VERY bright flash of light that was uncomfortable to look at through the goggles.

Thank you very much for the trouble!
So it did what I thought it would, it's because of the yellow phosphor ::).

nice video!
i thought it usually takes around 50mw of green to burn things and around 75mw to light a match?
blue and green at the same mW, does either have an advantage at burning quicker or does this depend on divergence?

darklandz said:
nice video!
i thought it usually takes around 50mw of green to burn things and around 75mw to light a match?
blue and green at the same mW, does either have an advantage at burning quicker or does this depend on divergence?
It mainly depends on irradiance. Basically this means if you focus it down to a point it can burn much better. A regular lightbulb easily puts out a watt of light, but it doesn't burn things because it isn't all focused to a point.

Great vid Razako!

If your RPL-30 is like mine it actually cycles back and forth between mid 30mW to 70mW+ when it warms up, so it'll burn, especially when focused down. Jack's products are truly worth every penny. I'll have to try this myself one day, but I think I'll use matches... fuses make you jump too much! :D LOL

Razako

bobobob121 said:
i love how you had like a mini seizure when the fuse lit. lol
lol I was sitting there messing with the focus trying to get it to light for like 30 seconds and then it suddenly ignites in a shower of sparks and almost burns my hand ;D I wonder if this laser can pop sharpied balloons unaided.

we should make a thread about "Different Stuff burnt with lasers" or something like that.