Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue ray Laser SF-AW210 DIY 405nm 170mA @ 140mW (Uncollimated)

Toke

Thanks megha and Toke, would a slow increase in current with everything connected be safe for the diode?

Yes, but you cannot measure resistance from a to b with power on.

If you want to measure the current you will have to connect your meter between the battery and diode.
In series.

Like, you replace one of the wires from battery to driver with the meter to make sure that any current to the driver will have to pass through the meter.
(If you connect in parallel, you will be trying to measure the short circuit current of the battery, app. 10A for 1 AA, and too much for the fuse in your meter.

Hey people, i just bought the '150'mw one and i can't get the potentiometer to do anything, when i turn it, it stays the same brightness! Help!!

Toke

It sounds like you have shorted something on the print and is likely feeding the diode more current than it can handle.

Do you have a multimeter?

I do have a multimeter but it can only measure volts (it's screwed!) , and the laser isn't very bright, and it doesn't look like it's feeding it too much current because it doesn't heat up very much

Last edited:

Toke

You may have swapped R1 and R2 ?
That would give very low current and little effect of the pot.