Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue Laser Focusing/Beam Shaping

Guitarship1

I have blue Dinsom Amazon laser. I sure its a Chinese "clone" of something Its one of the "50.00 dollar" laser kits with the laser, aluminum box, some star caps, 2 16340 batteries and a cheap pair of laser glasses. What is available to better focus and or shape the beam. While it will burn at fairly close distances its not a great burner from say 5 feet or more, the beam is rectangular, which is fairly common from what I have seen. It does have adjustable focus by turning the removeable crown. It's not too bad a laser for just under 50.00 bucks...

I have the same deal except mine is a gatling host and noticed the square dot. I chalked it off to being cheap.
I have a G2 lens I'll have to try in it.

Edit: I suspect the fixed lens in it will make trying the G2 a little difficult.
Edit 2: I got my fixed lens out, they put some kind of rubbery adhesive to keep it in place and instead of a slot to turn in/out it has two small hols on either side. I'm going to clean it up and try a G2 in it.
Edit 3: No bueno, don't bother. It just makes the square dot bigger and rectangular.

Last edited:

Guitarship1

Mine has a lens in the removable crown, You can rotate it and focus is "ok" up close. No bueno as you say at distance.

Our hosts are different but I'd be surprised if the configuration isn't.
I removed the lens from my "crown" and replaced it with a G2 lens and all it did was magnify a square/rectangle dot to the point of looking like it was projecting an Alice in Wonderland door on my wall.
I think they're just cheap shite, if anything I'd like to remove the module and rebuild with quality components.
While not on topic, I really do like the gatling style host.