Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

blu-ray

jake21

im looking for a driver for a blu-ray for a flashlight so it has to be tiny ill pay for all parts let me no if any one can make me one thanks

jake21

yes if the price sounds good, and its small for a flashlight, and will work for a blu-ray diode

chido

Dude, be more specific, dx has tons of different flashlights, post a link for the flashlight you want. ;)
As for the size, it's written right there in the first post, but here's a pic of a drawing the size of the driver compared to a quarter.

Attachments

• Driver.jpg
    Driver.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 74

jake21

1W 1-AA MXDL Flashlight Silver ELLY
or
SuperFire Flashlight 9V BLACK
or
0.5W AA Japan Nichia Flashlight
or any thing what do u think it would fit in ?

Skram0

Mine are 0.8125" x 0.625" x 0.5625" & capable of 6-320mA. Should use a heatsink for anything over 100. I just need some more parts and I can make ya some. :)

jake21

still looking can any one make me a tiny driver to fit in to a flashlight to power a blu-ray bluefussion said his drivers are 1 inch by 6 inches

5W Luxeon Lumiled 3-AAA MXDL Flashlight
1W 1-AA MXDL Flashlight Silver ELLY
or any kind of flashlight any help would be great

Jake21

Quote from BlueFusions post:

Dimensions are 0.693" by 1"

So they're not 6", they're 0.6", or rather 1.76 centimeters. i.e. Very small.

If you wish to make your own device then my advice to you would be to pay for a couple of his drivers. Wait the requisit amount of time for them to be manufactured and distributed, which could, appreciably be a little while off yet and sit tight.

Alternatively, if you hang in there you'll see lots of people selling BR flashlight-based lasers once these small drivers come into circulation. (Kenom etc have bought into ~100 of the drivers).

Do you have a BR diode yet? As the harvesting and mounting process of these is probably not something that can be tackled with the greatest of ease either.

thekanester

jake21

im getting 1 from deadle thats in a casing and 2 more from some one else so i need a driver soon but if no one can help i guess i have to wait