Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray go Back into LIFE?

guys why this thing happens? my blu-ray i think it died 1 month ago :-[, then when i have some experimenting on the dead blu-ray diode for driver test, it puts out a little light :eek:... then i decided to run it only with 10ohm resistor and 2 CR123 directly then...whaammm, the blue-violet light blows again :eek:, how this happen?

A lot of people have been talking about blurays lighting up again at huge currents... Things runs his Bluray at 200mA and it still works... its just hell hot.

yeah thats right i feel it hot but when in does i switch OFF for 30 secnds then back into work, its been same output as it runs, i cant believe this thing lives again... but i dont have an idea if i use 5 ohm rather than 10 ohms but im worrying that my diode may die on that point in the same input... any ideas!? :-/

It's already dead... Literally. Zombie diode. You'll have a hard time rekilling it; it'll just get really hot.

LarryQ

BlueFusion said:
It's already dead... Literally. Zombie diode. You'll have a hard time rekilling it.

:D :D
ROFL.....

Zombie Diode....... ;D ;D

Good Stuff!!!!

Larry

adgmeijin said:
guys why this thing happens? my blu-ray i think it died 1 month ago :-[, then when i have some experimenting on the dead blu-ray diode for driver test, it puts out a little light :eek:... then i decided to run it only with 10ohm resistor and 2 CR123 directly then...whaammm, the blue-violet light blows again :eek:, how this happen?

You probably just turned it into an LED. For some reason the blu-ray I LED'd was able to focus to a "strange" dot, and I was wondering why I couldn't see the beam, lol. Taking off the lens makes it pretty obvious though.

So even if one dies it can still go back to the same brightness :eek:

Thats pretty cool, its like getting a second chance.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

yea i have one i am testing and it lases from the lm317 with a 3 ohm resistor