Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-Ray diodes

LarryQ

Gazoo said:
;D Yeah, I read the stuff on that website and bookmarked it. This is why I will get 2, in case I screw up one.

MeeToo.....

Just call me Butterfingers!

Ashton

for $30 for a blue laser diode, I'm certianly interested! I'm waiting to hear the info. Also just making sure, are these the 30mw BRD readers or the 135mw (?) BRD burners?

Ashton

20mw... wonder if I could safely push it to 30mw with a TEC slapped on a heatsync... found several of those in my old computer parts boxes!

Hmm, this would be very cool indeed as I'm in Aus and this seems much easier than ordering from China.

I'm definitely in if this happens. Consider me a confirmed buyer for 2x units.

Keep us updated when you know more! :) (have also sent you a PM)

Gazoo

Ashton said:
20mw... wonder if I could safely push it to 30mw with a TEC slapped on a heatsync... found several of those in my old computer parts boxes!

The Nichia diode is rated at 90ma's max current with typical being 70ma's according to the information posted here:

http://www.fineartradiography.com/hobbies/lasers/blu-ray/diode.html

So I do not believe the diode is going to generate much heat. As sensitive as the diodes are, I would not use TEC cooling with them because I would be afraid of the risk of condensation...and at these prices, even while they are very good I am going to be super careful.

Now if I was to change my mind and try TEC cooling... ;D I would still not push the diode more than 10ma's over its typical operating current. And I would monitor the temp very closely.