Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray box style laser

Gazoo

So have I but it was a sharped safety match. But I was running 50ma's into the diode.

yea just a diode from the drlava group buy

i think this one is kind of a freak it dosen't even start lasing until about 40 ma and start burning until around 75ma but yea it burns really good. i turned it down though to about 5mW to sell it on ebay and don't want to mess with it too much.

I think I killed mine the DMM was reading 0.7xx, until I realized that the setting was Amps, it was too late :(

Although, when I put my SenKat into a quick'n'dirty butane solution, it was still lasing happily(?) at 700mA, not visibly dimming as current increased. A Power check would have been interesting, but that's too far OT now.

wow what the heck they took it of ebay again why?
i am so fricken mad

grrrrrrrrr

This is exactly what i wrote in my listing, does anyone find anyting that violates ebays rules?
Is someone selling me out?

Less Than 5mW Violet Laser
This laser is of the highest quality, made in a static free environment its in perfect condition. The laser is housed in a very sturdy and rugged solid aluminum case that will keep you laser protected from harm. The Switch used is a High Tech, quality toggle that allows for continuous on. It is possible for this laser to do so because of the aluminum case. It acts a heat sink for the laser diode allowing it to stay cool through out the entire run time of your laser. Don't settle for the cheap plastic housings, they provide no heat dissipation and can compromise life of your expensive laser.
This laser is capable of outputting up to 20mW but in fact the current allowed to the laser diode has been limited so that the laser is guaranteed to output less than 5mW, staying inside the legal power limit for a laser pointer in the united states. This decreased power allows the diode to operate for a much longer time keeping you and our investment happy.
This module uses the highest quality adjustable focus duel element glass lenses. These lenses have the ability to focus the beam of your laser to the size of a single grain of sand to larger than a basketball and more. The choice to adjust the focus of the laser is the users as it can be difficult to re-collimate, on that note the laser comes to you with a tight collimated beam, which means it has the smallest possible diameter at he furthest distance possible. Also on top of that, this laser is easily capable of producing a beam that reaches past your vision, it is truly amazing.
This laser has a wavelength of 405nm which appears to our eyes as a Royal Violet color similar to a black light. Due to its short wavelength the laser beam is more visible than a laser with the same power output but different color. Also if smoke or fog is added to the equation the beam is truly breathtaking. Also because of its short wavelength it causes many items to fluoresce turning the dot a variety of colors from a very bright blue to green and more colors of similar brightness. This laser also causes glow in the dark items to light up brilliantly and hold that glow for some time after the laser dot is removed from the surface.
This Laser is Truly a Sight to Behold so get it While its Still Here!!!
Good Luck Bidding

Krutz

hmm..
as i understand ebay, they wouldnt do anything against sellers if not absolutely necessary. the quick dollar as some percent from the biddings seems more importand..

so my guess is that some other seller who sells violet lasers tries to get rid of all others?
i just cant imaging ebay kicking your auctions by screening though all new auctions..

rubberband, what current is lasing-treshold on yours? i have around 23mA treshold, and dare not to go further than 35mA. which is quite bright. but then, i still have a spare..? *smiles*

manuel