Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Better your DX/KD baton style laser's divergence!

WARNING: Do not file it down anymore than 4 threads. It becomes harder to focus.

I took the focusing head apart on my KD 150mW baton style focusable laser:
imag0063ffyw7.jpg

imag0065ffrx2.jpg

I looked at all the pieces..trying to figure out what I could cut/replace/extend/modify.. till i noticed this little piece:
imag0068ffhs2.jpg

I took it out, looked at it..thought about what I could do. I knew already that my dot was too big at a far distance, and unfocusing the ring just made it worse, so i somehow needed to get the lens closer. I eventually thought of the brilliant idea of using a nail filer to sand down this thing. So far I've got my dot almost half the size it was before, AWESOME! At first I was afraid it would somehow get bigger and then I'd mess it up, but it seems to be working. So far I've sanded it down to about 4 threads remaining, I'll do a bit more tomorrow.. my hands are getting tired (you reaaaly dont haaave to use a nail filer, but I have no tools of mass destruction for sanding this down) and it's already late. I'll post more pics and info tomorrow.