Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best way to buy industrial-type lasers?

Spoomples

If one wanted to buy a heavy duty laser for a decent price, like a multi-watt 532nm head for example, where are the best places to look? I know lurking on eBay until a cheap-ish one shows up is one method, but are there specific tricks or other websites (like surplus sites) that can speed up the search? Most information about this I've come across is very old.

eBay is definitely a good bet. I know there are a few 532 CNI’s on there right now. If I remember correctly some 500mW’s, 1W’s and even 5W’s.

The prices on there are pretty reasonable honestly. You’ve got a 1W for $300 and a 5W for $2,500 brand new! :)

-Alex

Spoomples

eBay is definitely a good bet. I know there are a few 532 CNI’s on there right now. If I remember correctly some 500mW’s, 1W’s and even 5W’s.

The prices on there are pretty reasonable honestly. You’ve got a 1W for $300 and a 5W for $2,500 brand new! :)

-Alex

I saw a Jenoptik Jenlas D2.3 (3-5W 532nm) go for $160 a few hours ago (I was slightly outbid), and that got my hopes up. I figure that if I snoop around and wait long enough I might catch a similar deal.

Last edited:
Never heard of that company. I just know CNI’s are pretty reliable in terms of performance and quality. :)

-Alex

Snagging a true 5 watt 532nm laser for under $200.00 is going to be a tough thing to accomplish. If were easy, I'd have one right now. You should also be concerned about beam quality as they can be diminished in order to get more output power.

Spoomples

A 2.5W Melles Griot head popped up for $200, so I guess this is resolved for now. This thing showed up for $170 too, though I can't figure out exactly what sort of laser it is.