Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam expander for dominator.

I have bought this laser and i was wondering if anyone could build a beam expander or tell me how to build one? I love the 445nm build, but divergence is terrible at more that a couple meter.

What times(10x,5x etc.) can it be built and how well will it work. TY

Look up Galilean or Keplerian beam expanders to learn for yourself how to build one. It's not rocket science I tell ya.

I have 4x expanders on ebay which are threaded to fit the WL Arctic S3. I can make an adapter
to fit over the head of any laser, but would need measurements. You can contact me via ebay
messaging for details if interested.

These are Galilean type with less than 2% loss @ 445nm

Link:
4X Beam Expander for Wickedlasers Arctic Spyder S3 Reduces Dot Size at Distance | eBay

BTW your measurement on Ebay doesn't mean much a. because you don't state the beam size before the expander and b. at 22 feet you are probably well within the Rayleigh Range.
For customers to get a better assessment of how this particular expander works you should measure before and after beam size at a much greater distance say at least 100 feet.
Also with the right lens AR coatings you can further reduce output losses

Last edited: