Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam brightness

How would the beam brightnesses compare among these:

5mW green
100mW blu-ray
250mW red

-Mark

More green. I don't know about red though, I don't have a red or green laser above 5mw to compare, but I do know that my 5mW green was less bright than the beam of my 100mW blu-ray.

Would a 100mW blu-ray beam be clearly visible or just somewhat? Would it be visible at all during the day, like even a slight trace?

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
Would a 100mW blu-ray beam be clearly visible or just somewhat?  Would it be visible at all during the day, like even a slight trace?

-Mark
No. 405nm is barely visible during the day, remember the photopic and scotopic vision sensativity? During the day your eyes see 555nm the brightest, but at night you see about 490nm the brightest. In direct sunlight you can barely trace the dot.

Switch

Besides, 405nm is never "clearly" visible.It just looks blurry however bright it is. :p

I know I've said it before, but I see 405nm perfectly. I feel like I'm missing out on something. D:

siop

rocketparrotlet said:
Would a 100mW blu-ray beam be clearly visible or just somewhat?  Would it be visible at all during the day, like even a slight trace?

-Mark
I just got my blu ray today and I can see the beam EXCELLENT at night. I cant see the beam in the day, unless theres smoke or whatnot, but I can see the dot in the daylight. atleast across my yard and on the neighbors house. :)