Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries for Laser and General Question

Well I just purchased a Dragon Laser the Vipir 125mw one. I currently have a ebay 50 mw laser that wont burn anything. The 50 mw laser has trouble staying bright. It runs out of batteries fast (well the beam dims after a while). What do you guys recommend for the Vipir 125mw. The best longest lasting batteries that i could probably find at walmart (they can be rechargeable). Also does the vipir have like a dimmer? What i mean by that is my 50 mw will shine really bright when i first press the button and then it dims and stays that brightness until let go of the button and press it again. Thank you.

T

timelord

Welcome to the forum jono40141 ;)
Lithiums will be the best in your viper but never use lithiums in a red laser :)

Thank you im glad to find people that love lasers. I saw your great videos timelord. One more question at the bottom of your post it says like 125 mw vipir and it says kicking out 135 mw did you fix it? Or did you just measure the output and found it to be 135mw. Is there an easy way to test your output strength?

jono40141 said:
Thank you im glad to find people that love lasers. I saw your great videos timelord. One more question at the bottom of your post it says like 125 mw vipir and it says kicking out 135 mw did you fix it? Or did you just measure the output and found it to be 135mw. Is there an easy way to test your output strength?

For testing output you will need an output meter and that would be the easiest way. yeh and how it says its putting out 135 mW he just tested it for output power.

50 mw will shine really bright when i first press the button and then it dims and stays that brightness until let go of the button and press it again.

Mine does the exact same thing! Its the Deal Extreme 200mw but its probably kickin out about 50 steadily, the first 0.4 secs it is bright then goes dim and stays that way. It doesn't seem to be mode hopping because it is always just one dot. I have tried many different batteries as well .. so who knows ?