Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bait and Switch?

skydivingman

I bought a laser on laserpointerpro It is described below. The sku of the laser they sent me is 8518383486547 They cut out the output power figure on the box they said so customs doesn't take it but when I google the sku on the box, I find green lasers in other currency for $10 USD, but can't find specifics on output power and if it is worth $79, My gut tells me no.
SKU: 32009347 Power: 10000mW 532nm Class 4

Encap

Stay away for laserpointerpro--they misrepresent/fraudulently represent everything they sell and charge absurd prices--they are just Chinese bandit resellers who would be selling ping-pong balls if they were not selling bogus specification overpriced lasers.

The sku you mention @$79 is a low quality mass produced Laser 303 commonly sold for about $10 rarely even 100mW, typically 50mW to 80mW

Reality check: There never have been and are no 10.000mW 532nm laser pointers made or offered by anyone on earth at any price much less the higher powers 50K mW or 30-K mW offered on that scam web site

Last edited:

skydivingman

I just disputed it with my credit card company so I will be getting a refund for my $80 purchase. The thing that gets me is when you search Google, it's the top hit for high-end lasers. I am new to buying high-end lasers so figured the #1 hit on Google surely must be good. I also looked at reviews (on their own site,,, stupid) and it showed people got what they paid for, but it's their own site so it's all BS. The way this is listed it is a 10,000MW laser and apparently that's not something that is made or that you can buy. I should've researched more before purchasing. You live and learn I suppose. If anyone else is looking at this site, run! It's 100% a scam.

skydivingman

They are saying they can only credit me back 80% of my order even though they shipped me something that does not match the description. I let my CC company know, however, I do not trust they will credit me back anything if I return this. They have a history of lying, misleading, and ripping people off via bait and switch. Hopefully this post helps someone else who may be looking at them. Now, I just need to find a reputable vendor that has a class IV at a reasonable price. I am new to this so don't know a whole lot about the specs, best bang for the buck, etc.

There's no way you got a 10 watt 532nm laser. That is an insane amount of output for a handheld laser. A real laser at that power and wavelength would cost you into the thousands of dollars and wouldn't be handheld.