Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awards!

Ace82

What do you guys/gals think about having an "Awards" forum? Perhaps it would be taking LPF (or any other site forums for that matter) to seriously and I'm just crazy? :-/ Basically, it would have members names, date, and link to their started nominated "best" forum topic. For example, I could possibly get an award for this:

Ace82 5/19/2008 Best Review...http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1211245147/0#10

Cheers LPF!

Love Ace! ;)

Uh, I don't think we need an awards section...

What's the point? :) If there is a good review, we post in the review saying it's good. We don't need another thread in another section to ALSO say how good a review was :)

And, the rep system covers 'award' type stuff pretty well anyway... so...

A thread in the Off Topic section for a certain award would be good enough IMO. Awards can be pretty funny on a forum, but I don't think there is a need for a whole new section. IE you could make a thread saying "Best Review on LPF", Wait a few days so people could nominate reviews, and then have a timed poll. The winner would get bragging rights ;D

styropyro said:
A thread in the Off Topic section for a certain award would be good enough IMO. Awards can be pretty funny on a forum, but I don't think there is a need for a whole new section. IE you could make a thread saying "Best Review on LPF", Wait a few days so people could nominate reviews, and then have a timed poll. The winner would get bragging rights ;D

i say a thread to make the nominees...
then a poll to see who wins.

(yeah, in the offtopic).

Funniest member.
Most annoying member.
Greatest builder.
Awesome laser.
Cool pics/videos.
Closest to Chuck.