Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aries 225

n8wct

Okay, just got my Aries 225 from Laserglow, man what a killer! I definitely need to get glasses before turning it on again...just the reflection off the wall or my off-white carpet is too much. :)

My first observations...the jack in the bottom is not for powering/charging the unit, its another safety key. Its two wire pigtail is soldered together, and it must be plugged in to operate.

The barreled key lock on the bottom is nice, but the key cannot be removed in the "on" position.

I understand the need for safety on these high powered units, but having that plug in place looks weird, and with the key sticking out the bottom, makes handling a little cumbersome when doing portable work.

It also sports a beam shutter,that can be opened or closed by twisting a knurled ring on top of the heat sink. Very nice, not only for safety, but it will also help keep the lens clean when not in use.

I am a little disappointed there are no means to power it externally...I suppose I could rig something up on it, but I wish it came with a jack.

Going to take it out tonight and do some sky pointing when it gets dark, but Im not going to do any bench experiments or burning until I get the glasses.

-Chris