Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arcane 445nm 2.8W from Thejoker301

mwang

Hello :)

I finally got my Arcane 445nm back from Thejoker301 yesterday. Back in January/February, some of you may remember the thread I started about how the old diode died. (broken diode window) Joker provided outstanding customer service, and was extremely patient and understanding with me. :thanks:

I have to say, the host is such a beauty. The design is not complex, but is extremely elegant. The weight (300 grams with batteries included) is perfect, it carries a quality feel without being too hefty.

8VlBt8u.jpg

dU78ogf.jpg

I have to say, I love the huge heatsink on this host. At first I only trusted it with a 1 min on/off cycle, but it barely even gets warm after 1 minute. Even after 3 minutes, it is still only slightly warm. This laser was a huge investment for me, but I do not regret this purchase one bit. :)

Now, all I have at the moment is one beamshot, but I should be able to get more soon :)
N2AIiRV.jpg

And last but not least, here's a short video I made with the burning capabilities, if anyone's interested. How could I resist? :na:

Be careful. Heat takes time to move through materials. The outside of the heatsink may not be warm but the diode you can bet is. Especially be cautious if the module has no thermal paste.

mwang

Be careful. Heat takes time to move through materials. The outside of the heatsink may not be warm but the diode you can bet is. Especially be cautious if the module has no thermal paste.

Of course, I don't plan on running it longer than 3 min on/off duty cycle. :)

Really liked the video. These lasers burn like hell :eg:

Thanks for posting this review ! :beer:

Can someone embed a video for me? It's 455nm lighting a cold.candle in like 4 seconds. That requires 3w minimum but when turned on it runs 3.5w til stabilizing.

Edit: the diode lases at 452nm at 2ampz. Is it safe to assume at 2.4 amps it is 455nm or better? Visible color difference and with a 3 element we can say it runs around 2w and still has color difference compared to my other 2w 445.

Last edited:

mwang

Can someone embed a video for me? It's 455nm lighting a cold.candle in like 4 seconds. That requires 3w minimum but when turned on it runs 3.5w til stabilizing.

Edit: the diode lases at 452nm at 2ampz. Is it safe to assume at 2.4 amps it is 455nm or better? Visible color difference and with a 3 element we can say it runs around 2w and still has color difference compared to my other 2w 445.

Embedding a video is simple, you just use the [ Y T ] and [ / Y T ] tags (remove the spaces between the letters inside the [] brackets). Between the youtube tags, you put this part of the URL:
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiHKNvmbto4
Part: PiHKNvmbto4

For example:
[ Y T ]PiHKNvmbto4[ / Y T ] (remove spaces)
Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Oh 100th post! Yay :)

Last edited:
1) Does anyone know if the new Arcane hosts are nickel plated like the older one in this thread?

2) Are the tailcap threads nickel plated on this older model?

Thank you.

Really nice! im getting the sf502b with a black host. i would've got the arcane but my budget was 200$ the arcane is 200 right now since black Friday. wish i would of waited longer to order. i will post a review on my laser when it gets here. :)