Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone to tell how to fix this clicky switch?

murrat

I have a clicky switch taken apart from an o-like laser.
Owners of o-like power rock hosts know that tailcap clicky is tad deep. Mine has stuck so I tried to take it out and fix it.
I took it out and opened it.
However I don't know how to assemble it.
:)
Does anyone knows the assembling order of these pieces ?
First photo shows half assembled (as far as I guess the order of the pieces and put them together) but I cannot put 2 pieces together with the spring there.

Attachments

• correctorwhat.jpg
    correctorwhat.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 234
  • disassembled.jpg
    disassembled.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 336
  • clickyswitch.jpg
    clickyswitch.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

I know how to put this guy together for it to work but I am at the office now and dont have the time or ability to illustrate it for you. When I get home tonight (about 5 hours) Ill try to post a tut for how to put it together unless someone beats me to it

the funny thing is the first one is almost right on. the little cap you have on top of it should have to go through the hold in the metal crosspiece.

Stix62

the funny thing is the first one is almost right on. the little cap you have on top of it should have to go through the hold in the metal crosspiece.

Yeah, looking at the pictures it should be fairly easy to work out how it goes back together again. Looks like you've broken a positioning pin thingy though. That could have an ill effect maybe?

murrat

It is done but still not working :undecided:
I think the problem is the spring. It is loose. Not strong enough to push the metal cap to work the switch.
I just write the order of pieces to put together.
The only wrong one is that metal cap as you told. It has to be upside down :rolleyes:
Thanks for helping, I think I need a new one.
Also Stix62 is right about the pin.I have three of them one is missing but 3 is enough to keep them all together :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 231