Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone been hunting lately?

My family loves to hunt! ;D We hunt mainly deer and some turkey, here's what I got last Friday (Opening day deer shotgun season in Illinois)

My Dad likes to bow hunt more than shotgun because it is more of a challenge, he has three Boone and Crockett all times with a bow, I think that puts him either number 3 or 4 in the world.

Oh, in the picture it looks like I overdressed, but it was really only 15ºF out, the green leaves on the Honeysuckles make it look warmer than it was. ::)

Attachments

• deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 369
Nice! Muzzleloader season in my "ward" starts next monday so I'm hoping the weather will co-operate(may snow in a few days).

digital_blue said:
Nice! Muzzleloader season in my "ward" starts next monday so I'm hoping the weather will co-operate(may snow in a few days).
I haven't hunted with a muzzleloader before, do you think it is more fun to hunt with a muzzleloader than a shotgun? Some say the muzzleloaders are more accurate than slugs, and I don't know if that is true because I've never shot a muzzleloader. It's probably more of a challenge because you only have one shot, but if the gun is accurate you don't need the extra shots. Anyway good luck!

styropyro said:
I haven't hunted with a muzzleloader before, do you think it is more fun to hunt with a muzzleloader than a shotgun? Some say the muzzleloaders are more accurate than slugs, and I don't know if that is true because I've never shot a muzzleloader. It's probably more of a challenge because you only have one shot, but if the gun is accurate you don't need the extra shots. Anyway good luck!

It's not really that much different except that you only have one round and it takes about a minute to reload. Muzzleloaders tend to be more accurate because they are rifled. I've personally never tried taking deer with a shotgun; partially because mine is tacticallized beyond belief ;)

you'd be surprised how accurate a shotgun can be... even a non rifled one.
too bad i had an unlucky season...