Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any good?

You're right!! Since I became a vet I started acting normal. It did feel good to troll Tyler's thread though.

Last edited:

mfo

The factors for seeing Blu-Rays, (405nm) are:

1. How your eyes see UV, (everyone is different)
2. Pollutants, particles, or mist in the air.

If you do not see UV very well, and if you are in an area with very clean air, you might not see it at all.

I started cracking up when I read this because I can see the beam of my 405 (PHR) very good over here in NYC...

Reminds me of my old camping trip. One time I went up state NY (way away from the city) for a weekend. When we were driving back into the city, you could literally smell the pollution...

I live on the beach and its about 50/50. I can see the dot on low flying clouds though. It looks like a UFO. If fact my neighbor just saw an UFO tonight. He had pictures. There was 4 orbs that arced, formed a S curve, did an arc again, then they all flew off at different directions. I'm no saying it was aliens, but defiantly strange. He said it was close to the local airstrip so maybe they were screwing around with something down there.

mfo

I live on the beach and its about 50/50. I can see the dot on low flying clouds though. It looks like a UFO. If fact my neighbor just saw an UFO tonight. He had pictures. There was 4 orbs that arced, formed a S curve, did an arc again, then they all flew off at different directions. I'm no saying it was aliens, but defiantly strange. He said it was close to the local airstrip so maybe they were screwing around with something down there.

Wish my PHR could hit clouds. Well it probably does but NYC has a lot of light pollution. Maybe my 8x build down the road will be able to provide better results.

I have a ~200mW 6X GGW, but my PHR did the same. Just not as bright. I'm sure your light pollution contributes a lot to drowning out your beam.

mfo

I have a ~200mW 6X GGW, but my PHR did the same. Just not as bright. I'm sure your light pollution contributes a lot to drowning out your beam.

Yup...one of the many reasons I hate NYC with such passion. Can't even go out and freaking star gaze around here. Good for nothing city...