Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ah, crap

Just recently my 15mW blu-ray had its button broke. I put it aside to fix another day.

But then just now my 60mW blu-ray has blown it's diode. Yup, at 60mW. Quite surprising.

Just recently I got some cool glow in the dark tiles. Really awesome. But now just 2 weeks or so later, both my blu-rays have broken. Now I'm without a blu-ray, and I can't even purchase one of those awesome ones people are making here because of the imports laws...

Life sucks :(

Razako

Just buy a diode and fix it yourself. AU doesn't have any laws against importing diodes.

Should probably point out that I can't do that either. It'll be at least 3 months before I can go back home to where my tools are, I can't use them in my current accommodation.

So fixing isn't an option :( 3 months without a blu-ray, that sucks.

Well...you could always open up the 15mW and stick something in there to short the switch...no tools required. ;D

That sucks that you can't use a soldering iron where you're staying though. :(

styropyro said:
Well...you could always open up the 15mW and stick something in there to short the switch...no tools required. ;D

That sucks that you can't use a soldering iron where you're staying though. :(

That's what I've done, a small piece of metal and some blu-tack :D Works alright, so at least I still have a blu-ray to play with, even if it isn't very convenient.

So I guess I could survive on that for 3 months. :-/

Well if your 60mW has a blown diode it should be outputting ~.2mW as an LED so that could satisfy your 405nm if your 15mW breaks. (Sorry I had to. ;D)