Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

After a 2 yr break - returning to say thank you

burnedup69

I'm not going to re-hash my story as I really didn't enjoy the first go round of being ridiculed - (I deserved it) and I got off to a very rocky start here at the LPF (rightfully so) ...

But I stuck with it and I was rewarded with some very good info and eventually my desire to do what I set out to do is / was accomplished. I admit the learning curve was higher than I thought. I just wanted to return to say that I did eventually learn *WHY* people were so reluctant to help me at first, and just to tip my cap to those who did help me and to say I'm doing well. No problems. No issues with my laser. I still mess with it from time to time - especially on foggy nights here.

It is kind of funny because I will tell some friends about my journey (the broad journey) and I've had a few people ask me more specific questions that didn't exactly send up "red flags" with me.... (as these people are friends and I know them) .... but rather, it would trigger a memory of something that I learned along the way that made *ME* realize..... > yeah, the general public probably shouldn't know about what I know about from my brief experience of learning. Make a long story short, I might give them a broad answer, but nothing specific. The thought of some "nut" (not me) (lol) out there with bad intentions is still in the back of my mind. So, I understand now the reluctance to help someone like myself.

I tell them straight up: "Of all the firearms I own, AR-15, Shotgun, 9mm pistols, .22LR rifle and pistol, .357 magnum revolver, (I think that's all.....) I am more terrified of that laser than any of my guns." - And that's the truth to this day.

All those weapons I mentioned are fully loaded, one in the chamber right now, ready to go. The laser??? Batteries out. Always.

Anyway, thank you all, everything is good. I'm happy and I still re-visit the whole "laser world" from time to time. Hence why I am here now. But just in case some of the mods and members ever wonder: "What happened to that guy we helped" - I'm still here. It's just.... I got the desired result I initially set out to get and I'm fairly happy with the results and really haven't felt a need to go any deeper. Not even really sure why I'm posting this other than to say - "It's all good." - Thank you - The knowledge that you guarded, I now guard too. So....it's all good. Not 1 single issue, other than fighting the human nature of wanting more power of course. lol. Sometimes good enough is good enough and just leave it be.... that's pretty much where I am now.

Attachments

• Burn It.jpg
    Burn It.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 7

Back