Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Affordable laser line module that casts a clearly visible line at ~5 m range?

Hi Violet,

Ласкаво просимо на LPF , сподіваюся, ти зможеш знайти тут !
Є багато експертів лазера з потужними басами на високих держав !

You're Welcome on Board And Among Us !

Your English is very good. By the style I could guess European at least, but I honestly though UK. :p
Thank you :)

And thanks for the purchase links. I was hoping to find something cheaper than 30+ pounds, but if that's what it takes to get a true 50 mW unit...

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well there is probably cheaper out there, but that is the first good one I came across.
Also, heads up if you want to reply to multiple people then there is a multi-quote option. Just click multi-quote on the posts you want to include and then press quote. :)

Also, heads up if you want to reply to multiple people then there is a multi-quote option. Just click multi-quote on the posts you want to include and then press quote. :)
Noted. I'm spoiled by the fact that most forums combine consecutive posts into one automatically nowadays. This forum is based on vBulletin and I know many forums using this same engine that do merge consecutive posts from the same author. But I digress; I'll keep this quirk in mind.

Noted. I'm spoiled by the fact that most forums combine consecutive posts into one automatically nowadays. This forum is based on vBulletin and I know many forums using this same engine that do merge consecutive posts from the same author. But I digress; I'll keep this quirk in mind.

I don't see this mentioned, 532nm lasers use crystals which do not like cold temperatures. Cold is anything below *specifications. A 520nm diode laser would be better if cold is a factor.

*They don't like heat too for the same reason.

I don't see this mentioned, 532nm lasers use crystals which do not like cold temperatures.
Interesting,thanks for the note. Don't like in what way? Will not function outside spec temps? Will become permanently non-functional if attempted to operate? Will become permanently non-functional if subjected to temps outside of specs even if never powered on?

diachi

Interesting,thanks for the note. Don't like in what way? Will not function outside spec temps? Will become permanently non-functional if attempted to operate? Will become permanently non-functional if subjected to temps outside of specs even if never powered on?

Will not perform as designed outside of specific temperature range, be it too hot or too cold. Performance usually returns when the temperature returns to spec. It's not usually a sharp drop off, more of a gradual reduction in efficiency as the temperature changes.

Last edited:
Another quick question: does the power rating (xx mW laser) specify beam (emitted) power, or power draw from the power source?

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
With lasers it is the optical power.
It is the ktp crystal of which likes to be warm.

With lasers it is the optical power.
It is the ktp crystal of which likes to be warm.
Understood. So a 10 mW 532 nm DPSS laser will have the same beam power as a 10 mW 520 nm laser, even though the former has much worse efficiency.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes. The power rating is seperate. Lasers are measured in optical power so 10mW of 532 photons is the same as 10mW of 520.