Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice for power supply

kucito

Hello guys, I am new here and I have a small question.

I have 3 types of diodes and drivers for them.

532nm 5mw with driver - from a pointer - suprisingly nice diode for its power

658nm 100mw RLD65PZB5 Laser Diode rated at 240mW pulse and driver OFL 175 (V2) - now I am replacing the diode with 250 - 300mW LOC Red Laser Diode from LPC-815 sled 650nm.

405nm 100mw from PHR-803T sled running with OFL74 0-300mA driver.

So, I want to supply them with an multi adaptor that can run on 3.0-4.5-5.0-6.0 V and so on. And has 600mA output power. As far as I know the important factor is the voltage and the amps are result from the resistance. So the current going to the diodes depends on the potenciometer. (that is what I know, if I am wrong - teach me :p )

Before buying this adaptor I have used a phone charger that was promising 4.7V and when all the drivers were connected to the supply they were working, but they were overheating too much. if I accidentally disconected one of the modules either the violet laser or the red one kills the diode. (this way I had to replace them 2 times :D ) So I found out that the phone charger was producing 8.5 V instead of 4.7 and I think that was the problem. However I bough new diodes now and I don't want to bust them again. How would you suggest me to proceed safe?

I am making mistake somewhere but I don't know where. Also my drivers are heating too much with any adaptor but batteries. Also if they are all connected to one supply together, what voltage should I use?