Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

aconsensurveillance ebay green modules 5 and 40-50

I'm doing a little write up on the modules posted here, for anyone who has been interested in getting them. I won't post pictures cos the modules look the same in the picture and everyone knows what a greeen laser looks like.

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1219896800
After reading this post and remembering that I have an ebayser to fix I thought these modules were fairly cheap.

I recieved a 5mW and a 40-50mW module today, they came individually bubble and plastic wrapped and labeled. Couldn't see them getting damaged the way they were wrapped.
I tested both modules with 2 rechargable Ni-MH 900mAh AAA's
I tested the 5mW and got a reading of 9mW after 30 seconds
I tested the 40-50mW and got a reading of 38mW after 30 seconds
I don't have any way of testing the IR output on these atm
They both produce fairly nice beams, I didn't think the 5mW modules would have had much of an apparent beam.

Overall, it's fixed my ebayser which is why I bought it and I'm happy with the look. 1 note though, for anyone considering placing this in an ebayser laser host like this one http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forumdata/yabbfiles/Attachments/50mw_001.jpg the green module will stick out over the top and the grey piece can't be put back in.

Re: aconsensurveillance ebay green modules 5 and 4

I tested the IR output on these modules, I don't have an exact output measurement but these don't seem to have IR filters, my camera sees heaps of blue light when I block out the green :-/.

Good lookin out!
I think I'll try them now ;)

nvmextc said:
I tested the IR output on these modules, I don't have an exact output measurement but these don't seem to have IR filters, my camera sees heaps of blue light when I block out the green :-/.

They don't have IR filters. Susie confirmed that to me. She was very honest about that. She said they are available with IR filters but more expensive that way. I expect my three 25-30 mw modules very soon from her.

Thanks for your report.  :) :) :)

caleb said:
[quote author=Artix link=1220930831/0#4 date=1221356850]You can get an IR filter from a place we all trust! *click*
not sure on shipping costs but im sure they'll murder the price, anyone know?

kinda crappy how you only had 38mw out of the 40-50mw, can it burn or pop balloons.

do you think its safe to pot mod, iv never done it to a laser but im sure it'll reck it, any thoughts.

thanks man!

[/quote]

Yer shipping is like 25 to Australia :( haven't tried doing anthing fancy with it, I have stronger lasers I can do that with ;)
pot modding leads to a short life even if you don't wreck it while tuning it up. leave them as they are.