Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Accesory Recomendations

I would like to purchase a better pair of goggles and a more reliable charger considering I'm currently using a $5 charger that came with my laser and better goggles because safety is my #1 priority.

As for goggles I will be getting 532nm and 445nm lasers so I was considering this pair from Survival Laser:

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

Also the charger I am thinking about buying:

Nitecore i2 Intellicharge Charger for 18650 AAA AA Li-Ion/NiMH Battery - Cordless Tool Battery Packs - Amazon.com

I may also get a tripod so I can take some awesome pics and also to hold my lasers steady when I'm disintegrating things. This one looks pretty good:

Clamp Mount & Tripod

What do you guys think? I was hoping some of the more experienced people could give me some advice on my choices. Will these items last me along time and are they safe? I don't want to end up blind or set my house on fire.

Last edited:

Well, I can help you with question # 1 but I will let someone who knows more about the other 2 items answer the rest :)

1) Eagle Pair goggles are excellent and if you treat them right they could last you for years! The exact pair you linked is also what is recommended to most members when they are looking for quality goggles! Very smart move :)

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hello FallOutFighter, your first two choices are good ones. I would go with a larger, sturdier tripod though.
The one from Survival lasers is good for small lasers like pen lasers and such, but IMO not much else. Here is a link to a recent thread concerning tripods.

BTW- Welcome to LPF; have fun and be safe! :beer:

Rifter

While the EP's are great I got a certified pair for the lower spectrums, as blue lasers can get up to 3w+ and I wanted something a little better than OD3-4. So I purchased these:

Laserglow Technologies

AGS5327XX OD 7 + @ 190-532nm

They are higher quality than the EP's and let in a lot more light from the spectrums it doesn't block so its easier to see with them on. The EP's are rather dark like sunglasses and in low light situations(like at night) can be very hard to see where you are walking. Not knocking the EP's as the price is half as much just letting you know some real world limitations I have noticed with low VLT glasses.

As for the charger I have the I2 and its great, just know it only charges at 500mah so its slow, takes 4-6 hours to charge a completely dead 18650 but it is better for the battery with the slow charge, the I2 is probably one of the best chargers as far as being easy on the battery while charging. I would highly recommend it.

The survival lasers tripod is great for smaller lasers, I own one, but I would not trust it with heavier lasers or with very high powered units, I would go with something more heavy and secure if using it with 1 watt+ lasers.

While the EP's are great I got a certified pair for the lower spectrums, as blue lasers can get up to 3w+ and I wanted something a little better than OD3-4. So I purchased these:

Laserglow Technologies

AGS5327XX OD 7 + @ 190-532nm

They are higher quality than the EP's and let in a lot more light from the spectrums it doesn't block so its easier to see with them on. The EP's are rather dark like sunglasses and in low light situations(like at night) can be very hard to see where you are walking. Not knocking the EP's as the price is half as much just letting you know some real world limitations I have noticed with low VLT glasses.

As for the charger I have the I2 and its great, just know it only charges at 500mah so its slow, takes 4-6 hours to charge a completely dead 18650 but it is better for the battery with the slow charge, the I2 is probably one of the best chargers as far as being easy on the battery while charging. I would highly recommend it.

The survival lasers tripod is great for smaller lasers, I own one, but I would not trust it with heavier lasers or with very high powered units, I would go with something more heavy and secure if using it with 1 watt+ lasers.

Thanks for the useful info. If I end up getting a heavier laser all look into buying a better tripod. As for the charger it sounds a lot better than the cheaply made one I own:D

Well, I can help you with question # 1 but I will let someone who knows more about the other 2 items answer the rest :)

1) Eagle Pair goggles are excellent and if you treat them right they could last you for years! The exact pair you linked is also what is recommended to most members when they are looking for quality goggles! Very smart move :)

-Alex

Thanks Alex. It's nice to know that I made the right choice:yh:

Rifter

Thanks for the useful info. If I end up getting a heavier laser all look into buying a better tripod. As for the charger it sounds a lot better than the cheaply made one I own:D

Yeah the I2 is a really great charger, you will have long life from all your cells using this charger.

Just noticed you are a fellow Canadian, always good to see more Canadians on the forums.