Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A green laser dot that visible in full daylight

Ido73

Hello experts.
I need help finding a green laser pointer that makes a dot that can be visible to the naked eye from a range of 400 meters in full daylight.
I dont want to see the beam at all, just the dot.
Is such a pointer exist?
I bought the laser pointer in the picture, but its green dot can only be visible at 100 meters in daylight.
Thank you
20210816_122722.jpg

Not possible given what you are currently using. There are many factors needed for that to happen. The first would be to have better than 20/20 vision.

Sowee7

Not possible given what you are currently using. There are many factors needed for that to happen. The first would be to have better than 20/20 vision.
you could use a really high powered laser module like lasence's 1.4w 545nm dpss laser or a really high power 532nm module

Ido73

You are right what im currently using cant make it. I want to buy a different pointer that can make a visible dot at 400 meter in daylight, do you know where I could find one that can?

you could use a really high powered laser module like lasence's 1.4w 545nm dpss laser or a really high power 532nm module
Multi watt. The only way to see for yourself is to carry out some experiments. Start with that 1.4W laser if you have one. That would be a good wavelength since it is 10nm short of peak photopic sensitivity.

You are right what im currently using cant make it. I want to buy a different pointer that can make a visible dot at 400 meter in daylight, do you know where I could find one that can?
There are none

Sowee7

Multi watt. The only way to see for yourself is to carry out some experiments. Start with that 1.4W laser if you have one. That would be a good wavelength since it is 10nm short of peak photopic sensitivity.
well i have the exact one and it is very vissible up to 250m, i haven't tried any further