Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A good deal for a fiber-coupled 473 nm laser with fluorescence probe?

Ya looks pretty good, just have realistic expectations; it may not be TEM00 and may not do more than the advertised 3-5mW. If you can realign it you can get more out of it sometimes though (see my signature for the boost I got out of mine).

Yeah, maybe not be TEM00, anyway after removal of the fiber I think can be good.

If necessary add some optics to correct the beam is not very complicated.

As for power, well, if you can increase it, is great, but I think the grace of this laser is its color, more than the power.

I think a DPSS laser with a turquoise beam that personally like a lot, for $55 + $12 shipping, that's very fine,
at least for you that you reside in USA.

Yeah, maybe not be TEM00, anyway after removal of the fiber I think can be good.

If necessary add some optics to correct the beam is not very complicated.

As for power, well, if you can increase it, is great, but I think the grace of this laser is its color, more than the power.

I think a DPSS laser with a turquoise beam that personally like a lot, for $55 + $12 shipping, that's very fine,
at least for you that you reside in USA.

If like a powder blue color these can't be beat for the price. Remove the fiber and install a simple lens and the spot is not to bad. Here's mine at about 7 feet with my green HeNe and red HeNe.

Attachments

• RGB.jpg
    RGB.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 292