Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6 months later, got my Arctic

JohnD

I'm on the West Coast of California, so for those of you who were promised you'd receive your Arctic by Christmas, and live on the West Coast (where customs notoriously confiscates ALL Wicked products), they have found a way to make good on their promise (a first!).

I have one of the very first order numbers, and it's been a LONG wait, but it's finally here. I'm initially impressed with the workmanship, from the laser itself, through the documentation - by far the highest quality all-around from any laser company I've ordered from (except, of course, the service, which now qualifies as "legendary").

The battery is charging, so I haven't powered it up yet. After I get acquainted with it a bit, I'll post my thoughts (like you need to see more), and even a power reading or two.

ohada

I guess I'm lucky - it only took 4 months for me to get my Arctic.

I'm also quite impressed with it, seems like a quality build, good beam quality and solid body and buttons. I agree about the documentation - they really made an effort there and it shows.
Though mine isn't 1W, it's a steady 730mW according to LaserBee I Deluxe LPM.

Small warning, though:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/beware-arctic-battery-explosion-54974.html

You should probably order other batteries and charger, I buy mine at DealExtreme.

Only the older green cells marked 1300mAh are dangerous, due to their age.

I guess I'm lucky - it only took 4 months for me to get my Arctic.

I'm also quite impressed with it, seems like a quality build, good beam quality and solid body and buttons. I agree about the documentation - they really made an effort there and it shows.
Though mine isn't 1W, it's a steady 730mW according to LaserBee I Deluxe LPM.

Small warning, though:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/beware-arctic-battery-explosion-54974.html

You should probably order other batteries and charger, I buy mine at DealExtreme.

Heed the warning above!!!

Get new, name brand, batteries and a charger. The charger that WL included w/ my arctic popped and smoked when I inserted the battery (correct polarity!!). I contacted WL and they sent a new one within 2 weeks. I compared the electronics of the first and the second unit; the first unit was FAR superior in terms of build quality (even though it failed). The replacement unit that I received was SHITTY; the PCB traces were extremely thin and two traces were completely lifted from the PCB. I'm quite sure that the second one would have failed if I were to have tried it.

DX will work.. I prefer batteryjunction myself.

W4NX

My G1 took just under two months to show up. It had been focused properly and wasn't heavy on thermal paste. Recently scored a nospin LPM and learned my unit outputs a fairly steady 930-960mW, peaking to almost 980. I need to test it again with freshly charged cells.

Congrats on getting your Arctic before 2011, and good luck powering it up. I'm interested to see what your power readings show.

JohnD

My Arctic arrived with a single-cell charger, and a sea-green Samsung battery. I read the battery thread, and someone mentioned Samsung as a high quality brand.

ICR18650-22F
SAMSUNG SDI
1A35