Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

593.5nm faulty pen FS

I ordered a number of lasers from tinker tavern. Among them were two of the 591 pen lasers (30mW), which are actually 593.5nm

One of them is faulty, and it's being replaced, but they don't want the faulty one back.

It will turn on, but within seconds the dot starts dimming until it goes out, then you have to wait a while for it to work again at all, then the same thing happens. Not sure what the issue is, but if any one is interested in it, make me an offer.

Comes with the standard star caps and a pretty nice case. Batteries go in positive towards tail cap.

Last edited:

I ordered. Number of lasers from tinker tavern. Among them were two of the 591 pen lasers (30mW), which are actually 593.5nm

One of them is faulty, and it's being replaced, but they don't want the faulty one back.

It will turn on, but within seconds the dot starts dimming until it goes out, then you have to wait a while for it to work again at all, then the same thing happens. Not sure what the issue is, but if any one is interested in it, make me an offer.

Comes with the standard star caps and a pretty nice case. Batteries go in positive towards tail cap.
I could probably repair it or put another module in it.

I ordered a number of lasers from tinker tavern. Among them were two of the 591 pen lasers (30mW), which are actually 593.5nm

I recently got a 593.5nm laser. I paid about $77.00 for it and it peaks at 65 mW. Good luck with getting your replacement.

I recently got a 593.5nm laser. I paid about $77.00 for it and it peaks at 65 mW. Good luck with getting your replacement.
Wow. I haven't metered any yet. I also picked up the 473nm, supposed to be 50mW and judging by its brightness I think it is over spec

Let me wait until I have the replacement. Then I'll shoot you a message. I was thinking like ten bucks plus shipping? The case won't fit in a small flat rate box sadly

Yeah, mine won't either. It came with 5 stars caps that screw into the lens aperture that can focus the beam.

Well, It's looking like I'm gonna have to initiate an official return for it. They said they'd send me a new one and that they didn't need the old one back. Then they said I should see a tracking email but that was roughly a week ago and no word, my last message has gone unanswered.

I have been working out of town and have no access to my LPM. After the 4th I will be home for a bit. I want to check the output of the other lasers I got from them and make sure they're in spec just in case I have to return more than just the defunct 593nm.

Hoping I get that tracking email before then but I need to check these others on my meter regardless

Got the laser pointer and pulled the faulty module out of it. The pump diode appears to be dead. I ended up just putting a 555nm module I had into it and it's back in working order. It's a nice little pen but still just another Chinese made item they're just reselling.

1720539631871.png
1720539648995.png
1720539666418.png
1720539684469.png
555nm.jpg

Back