Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm AR coated IR filters

Anybody have a source for these relatively cheap? I've poked around the search for the last hour but haven't come up with anything other than the ones snoctony on ebay is selling.

I've got a batch of those, but I don't really like them. They're a PITA to deal with for me. 4mm x 4mm is too damn small, plus the batch I got were only AR coated in the very center.. maybe 2mm x 2mm. And on top of that they were all coated with a funk that was hard even for alcohol to take off.

Does anyone know of a place selling IR filters, AR'd for 532, that are 10mm or 12mm squares or discs ?

Optotronics used to sell them I believe, about $1 apiece if memory serves, but they had a $20 minimum order requirements.

Awesome. it probably wouldn't take me long to go through 20 of them anyway.

Thanks

*edit* Just looked through the stuff they have on the site.. No IR filters found. :( The search continues.

Something else that's funny.. Googling for 532nm AR coated IR filter brings up this thread at the top of the list.. and I just made it. Google's crawlers are on the ball these days apparently.

Last edited:
Thanks. Was looking for something a bit smaller and cheaper than that one though. Plus according to the graph, that filter blocks about 15% of 532 as well. I know there's going to be some loss, but that seems a little excessive compared to some i've looked at.

The snoctony ones would be tolerable if the AR coating covered the whole surface of the filter and weren't covered in funk. Maybe I just got a bad batch. Has anyone else had a problem with them covered in some type of crusty stuff that doesn't want to come off, and only having the centers AR coated?

Last edited:
Yeah I did a bit of searching on edmunds Optics and found the usual......Exactly what I'm looking for at Triple the price I wanted to spend.(it is fun to surf that site though;)).

The characteristics you are describing almost sound like 'used' optics..i'm sure they are not.
The IR optics I got from the company in the link was good from what I could tell and I tested it on my Brand New HLPM II 200mW LPM Module from Laserbee!
Sorry I couldn't help more....I'll follow this thread because I'v been on the same track with some of my research.