Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm 5mw-75mw Green Laser in a projector safe on a space heater (reflective insides)

fss

Hi everyone,
I just built a laser projector. I've been staring at this thing in my space heater for a few days. I feel fine but I just want to make sure because I might put this in an art show, is it safe to be looking at it in the space heater like this? The insides are some kind of coated aluminum or something, they are made to reflect heat. It's a quartz space heater so those tubes are there too. I mean (I think?) I feel a little eye strain because it's bright and can't stare at it for super long but that's still safe right? The specifications of my laser are: "532nm 55mw-75mw Green Laser Module/G50 Industrial Green Laser Module/CW Beam."

Thanks!
Finley

photo_3.jpg

Last edited:

I would think it would be safe to display..
Just make sure that there is zero reflection coming from the space heater...
You don't want any reflection hitting people in there eyes:lasergun:

:beer:
Rich

fss

I would think it would be safe to display..
Just make sure that there is zero reflection coming from the space heater...
You don't want any reflection hitting people in there eyes:lasergun:

:beer:
Rich

Thanks. reflect would mean that there would be a dot on the wall on the other side of the space heater right? Before I ask my school if I can show this I'm going to try and find an expert in laser safety in LA who can vouch that it's safe. I don't want my school to get worried and say no.