Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm aurora pointers for $80???

Not bad. The fact that the minimum order is 10 pieces would make sense that each unit would be priced so low(at least to me). That's $800 right there for 10 people which would allow them to sell them at a bulk price! :yh:

-Alex

Not bad. The fact that the minimum order is 10 pieces would make sense that each unit would be priced so low(at least to me). That's $800 right there for 10 people which would allow them to sell them at a bulk price! :yh:

-Alex

I thought it made sense :) i just seem to easily miss small details sometimes and figured other enthusiasts should check this out to get official approval! Haha if anyone wants to do a group buy, I'll definitely chip in with 9 other people to get a $80 473nm

Sta

I'm in but only if it is actually 473nm. Did you ask them and confirm that the price is for 5mW/473nm?

Sta

I'm in but only if it is actually 473nm. Did you ask them and confirm that the price is for 5mW/473nm?

Edit: These are DragonLasers units. Pretty sure I've spoken to them before but I'll double check.

Razako

Definitely might make for a good GB if these are legit. I'm just afraid these might be the 450nm units or something.

Sta

Update, I did contact them before and they do not have any more of the 473nm units. They stopped producing them. So looks like there won't be a GB. :(

Encap

Edit: These are DragonLasers units. Pretty sure I've spoken to them before but I'll double check.

Update, I did contact them before and they do not have any more of the 473nm units. They stopped producing them. So looks like there won't be a GB. :(

???
Dragon Lasers does not "make" anything --they are just middle man retail resellers of CNI made lasers. If anything they probably had few if any orders for them and stopped stocking them.

Here is the current CNI .pdf of the unit you and the OP have been talking about. http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/GLP-473.pdf Could be CNI doesn't make them any longer but I doubt they have stopped making them as they are still listed on the CNI web site.

Probably the reseller in the OP, China Ningbo Fingco Optoelectronic Co., Ltd., has to buy 10 pcs from CNI to get a price low enough that they can resell them for $80. What output power they are offering @ $80 is not indicated, so needs to be asked.

CNI makes GLP-473 pointers in .06 to 2mW, 2mW to 5mW, <10mW, <20mW, and <50mW --see data sheet of German company Roithner Lasertechnik who also resells CNI 473nm pointers. See : http://www.roithner-laser.com/laser_pointers_473.html

I am sure any reseller in China is free to buy them all day long from CNI.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS