Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm modules?

Maybe I'm just that terrible at searching, but hopefully somebody can help me out here. I'd like to build a bluray laser before the 4th of July, but can't find any reasonable prices on modules. I can find sleds, diodes, diodes in modules, but nothing complete with a power supply. Does anyone here even sell them? Who should I trust to buy from the most?

I'd like a PHR-803T in a module, with a driver (FlexDrive preferably). I've read that rckstr drivers are much more picky about the voltage used, narrowing your battery choices considerably. Is this true? What should I expect to pay for a complete module?

k1kb0t

Their are several members who can sell you everything you need in the B/S/T section. I know Jayrob has kits where all need to solder is the diode. Depending on where you live you may be able to have someone fully assemble one for you. Look in the B/S/T section and you should find what you need.

The assembly is the part I don't want to tackle. My small scale soldering skills (say that 4 times fast!) leave a LOT to be desired. I'll hone those skills eventually, but since I want this one completed in 3 weeks, I won't have time to compensate for my screw-ups. That's what I like about green lasers. No electrical work. The machining, I can handle.

In fact, depending on how well this one goes, I might have some copper heatsinks to offer. We'll see how the first one works out.

I'm in central Michigan (Saginaw), on the slight chance that there's someone in the area who either has the parts, or can assemble them somewhat professionally.