Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm laser price confusion

how much is the average cost of a laser 500mw+ 405nm?
iv'e only found it on Survival Laser Home
so i cant compare prices.
this has been bothering me for awhile, so i figured i'd post a thread
:thanks:

It's much harder to find pre made 405nm lasers, especially in the higher powers. If you're looking for the most bang for your buck, I would advise building it yourself. I recently built a 405nm 200mw out of a 6x blue ray diode and I spent about $60-$70 in total.

The only difference between my build and 500mW one would be what diode you stick in the thing, and what you set your driver output to be. I bought the 6x diode for $20, most 12x diodes (which would be able to run the power levels you're talking about) would probably go for $70, so you could probably get a functioning laser for around $110-120 if you want to put in the time for it.

If you're not into building things, plenty of people on the forums offer build kits, I'm sure you can find someone who will sell you a kit that comes with a 12x blue ray instead of a 445 diode. :)

No problem, and thanks, I like it quite a bit, but you will definitely save yourself some money if you make your own laser. There are plenty of tutorials floating around. Happy laser ing :beer: