Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm Laser for a lab

Chaoui_

Hello. I would like to purchase a 405 nm laser that is hand held. I would like to do a lab with my students that turns methylene blue + tin(IV) solution blue in streaks where-ever the laser touches reaction. I have been trying to find one that comes in somewhat quickly so amazon would be a preferred outlet of choice but I am open to most places as long as it is not <50$

Do NOT trust the Chinese made lasers sold online that advertise that they are less than 5mw because they are not, they are in reality often 40-80mw.
Any laser over 5mw has an increased risk to eyesight so be aware and act accordingly.

Hello. I would like to purchase a 405 nm laser that is hand held. I would like to do a lab with my students that turns methylene blue + tin(IV) solution blue in streaks where-ever the laser touches reaction. I have been trying to find one that comes in somewhat quickly so amazon would be a preferred outlet of choice but I am open to most places as long as it is not <50$

Do I have it right that you are looking for a handheld laser that costs more than $50? Anything that costs that much would likely be one of the higher power 405nm lasers. If that is what you are looking for then Rich (Lifetime17) would be the member to contact. He could put one together for you.

I'm betting OP wrote that wrong and actually wants a laser for under $51 ( Yes I know OP wrote it as not wanting a laser less than 50 ) This is why I warned him about the output of ebay pointers.

Who knows. I was just taking him at his word and giving him a member who could make such a laser for him.

Do you normally ask someone " Do I have it right that you........ ? " when you are taking them at their word ?
Because it sounded to me like you were also questioning what OP said. Maybe it was your question and question mark, that threw me off.

Encap

Looks like the OP has gone missing since about 3 hrs after joining LPF.

Chaoui if you sill have any interest in obtaining a 405nm laser, have a look at JetLasers.
Delivery is about 3 days or so to USA . They don't resell other makers lasers, they actually manufacture excellent quality professional grade hand held lasers.
See:
https://www.jetlasers.org/15-405nm-473nm

Last edited: