Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm diodes...

Well, I still have trouble trusting that heruur guy. He made a comment about WL overpowering the diodes, which was wrong considering he overlooked that they were quasi-CW, but whatever. Just in case it means anything though, that laser was made from one of the diodes from the cheap PS3 assemblies we all probably know about by now. He's also selling the lens servo from it in his auctions.

S

SenKat

Yeah - I saw that. I asked him if he was selling it in the flashlight, or just the diode - if he had more, etc...no answer yet. I know you have had bad experiences with him - but all of my dealings with him (quite a few, now) have been very good. I think you really have to read between all the BS lines - avoid the salesmanship, and see if he is actually selling what you want or not ! If you can turn your filter up high enough to avoid hte BS - you should be safe !

FYI - not advertising for him or anything - but his "optics/electronics grab box" is a pretty neat deal ! I got a 15mw HeNe with power supply - an A$$ load of optics and tons of other assorted stuff. He DEFINITELY takes into account the fact that it is a flat rate box - and he crammed close to 15 pounds worth of "stuff" in there. Good deal for the price !