Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30mW green beam in daylight...

From overhead (ie pointing the direction my eyes are looking) I can see the beam if I REALLY search and its over a dark object.
From the side I cant.
At night its really bright, but only slightly more than my old 5mW ebayser.
Reckon its underpowered, and if so, reckon I should pot mod it VEEEEEEERY slightly?
Its a DX True 30mW btw.

What you describe sounds like my DX30mW, so I wouldnt bother.

Although not visible, there still may be a big difference between your 5mW and your 30mW

Most True 30s are not pot-moddable, sometimes they are APC controlled and sometimes they don't have a pot.

did u just order it?
mine isnt visible during the day... I RMAd it..

they may have gone down in quality - no IR filter anymore either

i got it about 5 days ago, so i havent looked into whether or not its too late to RMA it.
Shit, for the same price I couldve got like a 50mW+ :mad:

JamesHooper said:
From overhead (ie pointing the direction my eyes are looking) I can see the beam if I REALLY search and its over a dark object.
From the side I cant.
At night its really bright, but only slightly more than my old 5mW ebayser.
Reckon its underpowered, and if so, reckon I should pot mod it VEEEEEEERY slightly?
Its a DX True 30mW btw.

I doubt you can see the beam of a 30mW green during daytime. The beam of my 125mW OEM is just barely visible indoors when the sun shines. If I go outdoors the beam isn't visible at all.

Don't believe all the DX marketing talk, the DX200 red is also advertised with "visible beam during daytime", but you can totally forget that happening.