Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

30mw DX advice needed

^ which isn't saying much. I'd say the Dilda would be more reliable though, because it's a red and it's gotten consistent reviews.

Well, at least he got a good LED pen out of it! =D And lots of people's 30s have been underspec, blown, mode hopping, affected by temperature etc.

caleb

have you got that cr2 batted laser yet.
anyone know what the chance is of getting a DX laser through Australian customs is?

Lasers will get through customs until the 1st of July, when legislation passes. If you're gonna get a DX laser it probably won't make it in time! Get a Nova X50 or something instead...

Razako

Get a laser that will last a long time. DX lasers are the last thing you should be looking at if you want a laser before the ban. You won't be happy when your dx laser starts mode hopping or dies a month after laser importation is banned. Get something from laserglow/nova/optotronics.

chido

Well, I've seen people posting that their packages have been opened by customs but their lasers still arrived. So I think you should be fine as long as you order before the date of the ban.

EDIT: I don't think DX will refund your money if customs gets a hold of it, but who knows?